header

Monday, July 27, 2015

Waiting in the Wings



Recently, I've been having some fun painting ballerinas in palette knife.  Since I usually paint with a brush, the product is very different from my typical work, but I've been enjoying the expressiveness and freedom to explore color as well as the human form.  Above is my most recent piece, Waiting in the Wings, a 24"x36" oil on canvas.  

Sometimes I get asked where I get my inspiration from, and typically it's in the form of a picture.  This time, however, I actually posed for the picture!  You know what the best part of using yourself as a model?  You can shave off pounds with just a few strokes.  HA!!!!!!  I didn't don a tutu or anything, I just needed an understanding of how the hands would look fixing a bun.  Very simple picture but it was enough to get the painting going!

Hope you are having a great day!


No comments: