header

Monday, July 6, 2015

Painting Progress!

Progress so far!

I'm getting closer to finishing up this Italian coast scene, and hate to admit it but I am getting to an antsy point in the painting.  This happens with some of my larger detailed pieces...I start to get excited to finish it and feel so close but so far at the same time.  Usually this is a good sign that I'm closer than I realize to completing the piece, although it doesn't feel like it.  We'll see what Friday holds for my post and if it's done!

As far as the progress, you might be able to tell that I changed the color of the middle mountain.  I wasn't digging the blue-green color and decided instead to warm it up with a more yellow-green.  Right now I'm working on the building in the foreground, and then plan is to fill in the sidewalks, then the ocean, and then the beach.  Woo hoo!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Meredith! Am loving following the development of your painting. I like the yellow green better too! Val

Meredith Hannon said...

Thanks Val!!!