header

Monday, September 9, 2013

Art Walk at Mosaic District!


This past Friday was the perfect night for the first ever Art Walk at the Mosaic District in Merrifield, Virginia.  Artists took over retail spaces and displayed their work for shoppers and passerby.  I had a great time displaying at Langford Market, a women's boutique that offers cute and affordable clothing for ladies of all ages.  So I didn't get paint all over the clothes, I set up my easel outside and painted for those who walked by.  It was the most beautiful night outside; cool, no breeze, and enough lighting to work into the evening.  It was great to have people stop and ask questions about the painting process, and while I can't say I got a ton done during those few hours, it was well worth it to be able to chat with everyone!  Below are a few more shots of the night!


Prints and paintings set up inside

The pinks in these paintings matched the pink mannequins!

Talking to a couple about the painting process.

Hope you are enjoying this cooler weather...until next Monday, have a happy week!

No comments: