header

Monday, November 18, 2013

Ode to Sap Green

Last week I mentioned it was my goal to have a new painting up on the blog.  Well.  I can say that I will likely finish said painting today, but as I try to post my blogs in the morning, I don't think that it is going to make it on here today.  It's okay though!  Painting is an art, not a science, and I'm learning to accept that sometimes paintings take longer than expected.  That said, it was during this painting that I finished my very first oil paint tube that I ever bought, Sap Green.  Oil paint lasts for awhile, and a little bit goes a long way, so when I bought this large tube, I had no idea that 7 years later I would be just finishing it.  Crazy, huh?!  So I bid you adieu, Sap Green.  I don't even know if I'm going to replace you, as I've found it's a lot of fun to mix blue and yellow together to make your own greens.  We'll see!

Below is the palette that I have going on right now for my current painting...lots of earth tones as you can see.  Once the painting is done, I will post it...maybe a mid-week blog?!  Stay tuned!


4 comments:

Patrick said...

When Meredith Hannon finishes a tube of paint, she REALLY finishes a tube of paint!

Meredith Hannon said...

Hahaha!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Meredith!
I love Sap Green, and was delighted to see you have written and ode to it. It deserves it! Paul and I look forward to seeing your beautiful work in March.
Merry Christmas!
Val Maw

Meredith Hannon said...

Val! I am so thrilled to hear that you guys are coming in March, my mom is so excited to have you all down and I'm really happy you will be coming to the show. I'm glad you share my love of Sap Green as well, it's been a great love of mine over the years!