header

Monday, November 11, 2013

City of Como

Happy Veterans Day everyone!  I'm always happy when I finish a painting, and today is no exception.  A few months ago, I began a painting of the City of Como, which after putting down the first layer, I ended up sticking back in the closet for some time.  Don't ask me why, I have no idea!  But for some reason when I went back to it the other day, I found my inspiration again and decided to go at it.

Last week I blogged about the painting mid-process at that point, so check out the second half below and the finished product!

Putting down the basic reflection. Very simple, not tons of detail

Sweeping a dry brush in a vertical direction across the water

Next, sweeping the dry brush in a horizontal direction across the water

Finally, adding streaks of white to make a ripple effect and filling in the foliage.  Voila!

Next, onto another painting which I had started and put away.  This next one is also from Como, and it's my goal to have it to you by next week's blog!

In the meantime, on a personal note, I visited my dear friend Susan and her new baby out in Texas this past weekend.  We got some great shots and ate a LOT of In-N-Out Burger, my absolute FAVORITE.  We don't have them in the DC area, which makes me pretty sad, although I think my waistline is pretty thankful for that.  As a tribute, though, I ate there three times in three days, so I am most certainly going to be going on a couple runs this week!

Baby Alex, aka Mr. Giggles

Oh, yum.

A very special shout out to all the Veterans out there, thank you for fighting for our freedom and making this nation what it is today!  You are a blessing!

Until next time, hope you have a week as bright as the smile on Alex's face!

No comments: