header

Monday, November 25, 2013

Friday Night on the Waterfront


Happy Monday!  Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving?!  In preparation of Turkey Day, I'm working day and night to finish my painting goals for the week as I'm pretty sure I won't get much done during after eating my fill of turkey for the year.

After this blustery weekend, I think we've just about lost all of our leaves in the DC area, but that doesn't mean that I can't still paint them, right?!  Which leads me to the painting above, Friday Night on the Waterfront, an ode to Washington Harbor and the boats that dock there for happy hour and dinner at some of the wonderful restaurants there.  This 12"x36" oil on canvas is a scene of the Potomac waterfront, peeking through the trees onto the Key Bridge all the way to the Harbor, where the first boats of the night are lining up.  I really enjoyed painting this sunset, with its purples and oranges in addition to the colors in the trees.  Lots of bright, happy colors in this one!

I hope you have a most blessed Thanksgiving and find many things to be thankful for this week!

No comments: