header

Monday, October 28, 2013

Back to Bellagio

Hotel Splendide, 8"x10" oil on canvas

I have really been enjoying a change of pace with painting recently, focusing on Italian scenes.  This past May, my husband and I went on a great trip over to Europe, and everywhere we went we had camera in tow, taking more pictures than I can count.  You never know when you are going to get a great shot or not, but I'm happy to say that I got a few that have inspired me to pick up my brush.  That includes the shot above of Hotel Splendide, lcoated in the heart of Bellagio in Lake Como.  Lake Como is one of my favorite places to paint, there is just something magical about the lake region in Italy.  The weather there is temperate, the landscaping lush, and the buildings are beautiful nestled into the mountainside.  


In other news, we have a new "old" art car, a 1992 blue Volvo 240 wagon.  As our last one died, we were on the hunt and have always been fond of old Volvo's.  Since I am usually hauling many pieces of work at a time, I need something with lots of space, and as Volvo's are built like big rectangular bricks, they are a perfect solution for anyone trying to haul lots of stuff.  Yesterday was a bit cold so I took her to the car wash, and I had to laugh when the girl looked at my car like I was crazy to even think about spending $8 on Old Blue.  Ha!  Well, now she's all shiny inside and out and ready to hit the road!  Woo hoo!

Hope you have a wonderful Monday, see you next week!


No comments: