header

Monday, October 14, 2013

Arts Crawl!

Happy Columbus Day!  Today many of you are celebrating this holiday...or are sitting behind your desk lamenting the lack of holiday.  Well, whether or not your company observes Mr. Columbus, I think we can all be more than pleased in the DC area to say that the sun is shining!  After beginning to feel trapped under all of this rain, we finally have some relief!

Last week, I participated in the Third Annual Herndon Arts Crawl.  I had a great time setting up shop at Jimmy's, where people drank, ate, and merrily looked at art throughout the course of the evening.  I had a blast, and the staff at Jimmy's was fantastic.  So if you're ever in downtown Herndon and want an awesome spot to eat some great food and have your favorite beverage, be sure to check out Jimmy's!

Before shot.  Jimmy and his crew set up special lighting and everything!


After shot.  Believe it or not, all of this fit into the Beetle!

Okay so next up, a small painting of Venice.  I know what you're thinking, whoa, Venice is not in DC?!  Well, I'm taking a break from the DC collection briefly to focus on some European coastal scenes.  It's been way too long so I figured I would take a quick break from the city!  I just finished sketching out the latest, so take a look of the before and I'll show you the after next week!


Happy Columbus Day!  Hope you are enjoying the beautiful Fall weather and wonderful sunshine!


No comments: