header

Monday, July 15, 2013

Wentworth Gallery: Elena Bond Show

In addition to painting, I love appreciating good art.  So this past Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending a show at Wentworth Gallery in Tysons Galleria for Elena Bond, a beautiful palette knife artist based in Miami, Florida.  Elena works on both canvas and paper, and her subjects range anywhere from colorful, rainy street scenes to beautiful ballerinas (her youngest daughter is a dancer).  I personally love her work because she uses color impeccably well to evoke emotion and her paintings just transport you.  And to top it all off, she is just incredibly kind as I inundated her with questions about her process as an artist and she answered everything gladly.  It was such a joy and made my weekend!  Here are a few pictures below of the show, I hope you enjoy!  And if you're in Tysons Galleria, be sure to check out her works at Wentworth Gallery, located on the third level near Neiman Marcus.  It is not to be missed!

Elena (left) and I with one of her beautiful ballerinas.  I love the contrast of the red against the neutral background.  This particular piece was painted on paper and was (not surprisingly!) sold to a couple that night.  


So many pieces to admire.  On the easel is one of her gorgeous street scenes.


My dear friend Natrisha and I picking Elena's brain.  Her disposition is just as gorgeous as her paintings, what a wonderful artist!


Okay so in the studio, I am continuing a study of paintings of the Capitol.  Below you can see the base layers for both...one a very light blue, the other a very warm sunset.  Two very different backgrounds for similar subject matter, you have to love DC for its diverse weather!


Stay tuned to see the final product!




No comments: