header

Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy July!


I can't believe it's already July!  Summer is my favorite time of year (besides Christmas of course!). I love being able to go outside in shorts and go to the pool and keep the windows open and smell the fresh air.  I am not a cold weather person whatsoever, so even DC winters, which are admittedly not typically that bad, are sometimes a struggle for me.   I think I am just not made to wear coats! :-P

So as I relish in the warm, sunny weather, I have to force myself to stop every now and again and just soak in the summer.  That's always my best piece of advice for people on their wedding day...take a moment and say to yourself "this is my wedding."  I did that on my big day and it's one of a few memories of that day that were so clear and vivid and I cherish that.

Okay so now that I've had my nostalgic summertime moment, what's new in the studio?  Well, first, the studio has moved.  Not dramatically, just to the next room over.  It's a bit bigger and also has my desk, so it's now an office/studio space.  Better light, more room, less paint on the carpet, ha!  Just better all around.  Above is a picture of both my easels in their new home, right next to a window.  This might move back a few feet once winter rolls around!  I am currently working on a scene of Washington Harbor in Georgetown...it's on the easel above and about halfway done.  I will be sure to post when it is!

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Dunn

So summer kicked off with the dedication ceremony for ArtSpace Herndon's Art in the Windows Project, of which I served on the advisory committee.  Vinyl prints of art were selected to go up in each of four boarded up windows along the side of the ArtSpace building to help to promote the various arts that go on inside the building.   


The dedication was really nice, each artist whose work was selected talked about their particular piece.  Above, artist Christine Lashley is about to talk about her piece, which you can see in the upper left hand corner.  Gorgeous!

Okay I guess that's about it for this week, be sure to check out the Four Seasons of Oatlands Show that runs through the month of July at Oatlands Plantation in Leesburg, and NOVAL's show at Washington Technology Park in Chantilly!






No comments: