header

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Elizabeth

Elizabeth, 24x36 oil on canvas

Happy Tuesday and day after Labor Day!  Recently, my friend Liz came over and very graciously helped me get some great reference photos by posing as a model.  She is gorgeous and was an excellent ballerina, so naturally I was able to snap some great shots!  Here is the first of the series of ballerinas in which Liz posed, aptly named "Elizabeth."  I had a lot of fun with the skirt especially, so full and beautiful, even more fun than the fluffy white tutu I made Liz wear while we had our photo shoot.  Ha!

I hope you all have a wonderful day, and welcome Fall!  I'm excited about everything pumpkin, but in all honesty I'm really sad that the Summer is drawing to a close.  Summer just isn't long enough here in DC, even though it was 90 degrees today.  If I ruled the world, it would ALWAYS be 90 degrees outside!!!!  Hope your Labor Day was great and that you enjoy the short work week!


No comments: