header

Monday, August 31, 2015

A Day at the Beach

A Day at the Beach, 22x28 oil on canvas

Happy Monday!  This past week I finished a piece that was close to my heart, a picture of my sweet babe on her first trip to the beach.  As you can see, I changed up the colors a bit to make them more vibrant.  I really enjoyed painting this piece since it took me back to that day...she had such a great time splashing in the water, and I admittedly spent most of my time attempting to keep her from putting handfuls of sand in her mouth.  Ha!

Next up on the easel is a palette knife sea turtle!  Stay tuned and enjoy this last day of August!  I love Fall but I'm going to be honest, I'm pretty sad that Summer is winding down.  It is by far my favorite season of the year as I love love love warm weather.  But with Fall comes pumpkin spice lattes and the start of the Christmas season, so it's just a trade off.

With September comes the next ValeArts show, which runs from September 25th-27th at the Vale Schoolhouse.  Hope to see you there, stay tuned for more details!






No comments: