header

Monday, May 19, 2014

Fun Week!



Happy Monday!  While I did start a new Capitol painting this week (I hope to have it up next week, at least that's the goal!), I also did a few out of the norm things that were pretty fun!  On Tuesday, I ran my very first class to a troop of Girl Scouts.  They are working on their painting badge, so I taught them a little about light and shadow, and we had a great time painting a branch of cherry blossoms.


It's so amazing how you can have more than a dozen girls painting the same picture with the same colors and every painting turns out different!  Some girls did darker blossoms, some had larger blooms, some were more abstract, some more representational, all were gorgeous though and we had a great time!!!


On Thursday, I had so much fun accompanying an interior designer I have worked with, Christine Wiott, at the Clifton Tour of Homes (there she is on the left in the picture above).  She decorated an entire home (as well as designed the pavilion you see above), and it was featured as the first tour along the route.  I had seen pictures which were just gorgeous, but to see it in person was amazing.  Christine did the greatest job.  Beautiful floral arrangements, paint choices, draperies, you name it.  Christine's use of color and texture is just astounding.  This lady has some great taste (and if you're in the market for any level of redecorating, be sure to check out her recently relaunched website:  www.clwiottdesign.com).



And not that Christine had much to do with it, but look at that Chevy in the driveway outside the home!  LOVE THAT!  What a fun day!

Okay so I'm holding myself to it that next blog will be the finished product of the Capitol.  I'm working on it...wish me luck!


No comments: