header

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Embellished Giclees: Before & After



For those of you who are unfamiliar, an embellished giclee is when an image of an original painting is printed onto a canvas, and is then embellished with paint by the artists hand.  In the end, the product is something that looks similar to a real painting, at a fraction of the cost of the original.  In addition, most giclees are run in limited edition, meaning that only one of a certain number will be created (in my case, usually 50).

The best part of an embellished giclee, though, is that it can also be customized to fit the needs of the home it will hang in.  While I usually embellish the same image in similar ways, I on occasion get a request to change up the colors slightly.  This was the case for my last embellished giclee, which was requested in warm tones with a sunset scene and calmer, reflective water.  See what a difference in mood the same scene can have in different colors?  I really love the way this one turned out, and think it's neat to have created something new and unique from an image that once looked so different.

And as an FYI, I am able to turn any original that I have created into an embellished giclee, so please let me know if you see an image you'd like to see turned into a giclee for your home!


No comments: