header

Monday, April 14, 2014

Cinquecento


Recently I blogged about a painting I completed of Villa Monastero, which was inspired by a photo that I took while in Lake Como last year.  It just so happened that as we were walking back to the ferry to hop back across the lake from Villa Monastero, we stumbled upon this little restaurant with a classic Fiat 500 parked in front.  While the Fiat 500 has recently revamped its look and made a comeback within the past few years, the old Fiat 500 from five decades ago remains an icon of classic Italian cars, so it was the perfect shot to take with the car centered around all of the old buildings and historic landscape.

This picture isn't quite a miniature, but given the size of the Fiat 500, I decided to create this as a smaller work, being a 5"x7" oil on canvas.  I hope you enjoy!!!



No comments: