header

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dreams of Monastero

Dreams of Monastero, oil on canvas, 16x20

If you've read any of my former blog entries, then it might be redundant to say that I love the scenery of Lake Como in northern Italy.  And while I love how the mountains meet the water in Como, I am totally in awe of the villas and gardens that sit at the water, which brings me to the painting above of Villa Hotel Cipressi from the gardens of Villa Monastero.  Villa Monastero sits in the municipality of Varenna, and was formerly a monastery (no surprise there given the name)!  I love color, so there is something about the yellow villa that inspires me surrounded by pink foliage and blue skies.

In other news, it's almost March!  I can't believe that we're almost through winter.  I am definitely a warm weather person, so it helps to paint warm weather scenes like the one above to get through the cold.  There are a couple more blog posts to come of other warm weather scenes so stay tuned!




No comments: