header

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Virginia Rivals


Every year, Virginia Tech and the University of Virginia come together to settle an in-state rivalry over Thanksgiving weekend.  Last year, the Cavaliers hosted the much anticipated event at Scott Stadium, which is the inspiration for my painting.  This 11"x14" oil on canvas is a "man cave" staple, and special thanks go to my wonderful friends Jon and Jenn Yobs for their great eye and perfect seats to capture a great image to create a painting.

And if you're wondering about my personal allegiance, I went to the beautiful James Madison University (45 minutes west of Charlottesville).  However, my family is full of Hokies so it's mostly maroon and orange in my house. :-D

If you are interested in a copy of the print, please click here:  Scott Stadium Print

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy to help! You did a great job with this one. Scott Stadium only looks this good once every 2 years when the Hokies come to town!

Meredith Hannon said...

Thanks Jon!!!! Hope all is well with little Daniel!