header

Monday, March 2, 2015

Morning in Georgetown

Morning in Georgetown, 32"x48" oil on canvas

Happy March!  How is it March already?!  The past two months feel like they have been a whirlwind! Recently, I had the opportunity to create a scene of Georgetown and the Key Bridge for a family who lives and works in DC.  This was certainly a large painting (four feet wide!) and right up my alley since I love love love painting large scale pieces almost as much as I love painting Georgetown in general.  Having gone to graduate school there and living in Virginia at the time, I used to walk across the Key Bridge almost every day (except when it was pouring, then I'd take the "GUTS" bus), and it helped to clear my head after a day of learning!


The piece hanging on the wall!  Lovely!

I framed the piece for the family and helped to hang it...above you can see the end result!  They were so wonderful to work with and I love the location...right over the sofa in the family room and next to a painting with a complementary vibrant palette.  Love it!


It was a big week of commissions as I delivered an embellished giclee of "Capitol Glow."  I framed this one as well (although I can't take any credit for the great taste in selecting a perfect frame for both of the pieces above!), and I love the way it hangs in the formal living room between the windows.  It is also a 32"x48".  Just goes to show how a large piece doesn't necessarily need a lot of space on either side of it to fit perfectly and look spectacular!


Hope you are having a wonderful Monday and staying warm.  It's about 40 here today and somehow it feels very balmy.  I guess that's what happens when you've been living in a snow globe for the past month!





No comments: