header

Monday, August 4, 2014

Ballerinas in Process




Happy Monday!  This past week was a little rough as I came down with the flu!  I had no idea you could get the flu in the summer but apparently you can.  Oof!  Well, I'm feeling better, which means back to work.  I had such a good time painting my ballerina, that I decided to try to paint a couple more!  I sketched them out, although I think I am going to change up the ballerina on the right...I don't like that her foot isn't totally showing and I'm not sure she's zoomed in enough like the ballerina on the left.  Right now, the plan is to make ballerina's outfit on the left dark, and on the right white.  We'll see how it goes and if that holds true in the end.  As an artist, sometimes you go in with one plan and end up with something totally different!

Off to the ballet (in my mind, that is)!  Hope you are having a spectacular day!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an inspired idea to do dark and light figures! Look forward to seeing the finished paintings.

Meredith Hannon said...

Thanks Val! Looking forwarding to working on them, we'll see how it goes!