header

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

La Pasticceria (The Pastry Shop)


If you're beginning to notice a pattern here with the Italian scenes, you're onto something!  My most recent inspiration is again from the majestic Lake Como, however this time, my inspiration comes from the sweet memory of eating delicious Italian food.  Incredibly hungry, my friend Susan and I stumbled upon this restaurant for its perfect location on the water.  Next to it, a pastry shop (Pasticceria as they say in Italian) sits nestled within soft pink walls and shady trees.  The view itself looks practically edible!

This 5" x 5" miniature oil on canvas makes me want to take a long walk around the water after a big bowl of spaghetti carbonara.  Oh boy. I think I need to stop writing as my stomach has started grumbling...this painting is making me hungry!

If you want to check it out along with my other Lake Como scenes, click here: La Pasticceria



No comments: